With the start of a new year comes fresh opportunities to make better, healthier choices. Developing habits supporting one’s lifestyle goals may prove to be challenging, but Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines, Inc. (PCPPI) encourages Filipinos to take even small, simple steps to build sustainable habits over time.
“Our brands support Filipinos as they take strides towards a healthier, more productive 2023. We believe that by making more mindful choices over time, more people can reap the positive benefits of adopting a more active, balanced lifestyle,” said Frederick D. Ong, PCPPI president and chief executive officer. Aside from exclusively producing well-loved beverages such as Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, and Gatorade in the country, PCPPI also bottles and distributes Premier Purified Water. As one of the country’s respected drinking water brands, Premier Purified guarantee consumer satisfaction as products pass high standards after stringent quality and safety testing.
PCPPI suggests five key tips to start 2023 on the right foot:
- Explore healthier dietary options. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), adults should maintain a diet high in fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains, but lower in salt, free sugar, and saturated fats. When filling one’s food basket, spend a few more minutes to check the nutrition labels. Developing healthy dietary habits may help strengthen the body in fighting non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
- Integrate movement in your daily routine. The worst exercise routine is a non-existent one. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an adult needs 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity each week. That’s only 30 minutes every week day, so getting a few steps, skips, and stretches in may work wonders for one’s overall well-being.
- Engaging in physical activities can also improve one’s self-esteem and cognitive functions, and can also help reduce tendencies for anxiety and depression.
- Recovery is key. While physical activity and dietary choices are important in one’s annual health kick-start, getting adequate rest allows the body to recharge and reset. More than getting sufficient hours of sleep, medical studies suggest reducing one’s use of digital devices while in bed to help improve the quality of resting time.
- Make time for mental health. Practicing self-care and kindness goes a long way. Taking a few minutes to pause and reflecting on the brighter side of daily life can do wonders when managing stress. One’s health also has to do with embracing mindfulness, patience, and compassion towards oneself and others. It may help to keep a daily journal, or write down three positive things that happened at the end of the day as forms of “self check-in.”
- Drink more water. The CDC says everyone should consume eight to 10 glasses of water. Aside from preventing dehydration, doing so helps regulate cognitive, hormonal, and circulatory functions. Having a bottle of Premier Purified Water handy is recommended for proper nourishment even when on-the-go.
Other than Premier Purified Water, PCPPI is the sole Philippine manufacturer and distributor of Pepsi, Mountain Dew, 7-Up, Mirinda, Mug, Gatorade, Sting, Tropicana, Lipton, Aquafina, and Milkis. For more information about PCPPI and its brands, please visit pepsiphilippines.com.
About Pepsi Philippines
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines Inc. (PCPPI) is the exclusive manufacturer of PepsiCo beverages & snacks in the Philippines, with a relationship spanning 70 years. PCPPI manufactures and sells well-known food and beverage brands: Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, 7-Up, Mirinda, Mug, Gatorade, Tropicana, Lipton, Sting, Premier, Sips, Milkis, Let’s Be and Aquafina. It has established 14 manufacturing facilities across the country, serving more than 700,000 outlets and providing employment through its extensive distribution network.
PCPPI is committed to create a positive impact on society with programs focused on environmental sustainability, nutrition, education, and livelihood. For more information, visit www.pepsiphilippines.com.
#HappeningPH #PCPPI #PepsiColaProductsPhilippinesInc #PepsiPhilippines #sustainablehabits #TipstoStart2023 #lifestylechoices #goodhabits #diet #drinkmorewater