Being a Businessman requires a lot of hours of hard work and dedication, what more if you are also a Public Servant?
It is in this light that the American Association of the Philippines chose to give the Outstanding athlete, Entrepreneur, and Public Servant to Congressman Michael Odylon “Mikee” Lagman Romero.
Congressman Mikee Romero owns several businesses, Holding companies, Ports, and the recent addition, he is now the majority stockholder of Air Asia.
He is the richest lawmaker in the Philippines based on his SALN declaration.
He is also an athlete by the way. He was once a captain of the Philippines Polo team.
A lot on his sleeves, but still he manages it well!
When asked by AAP Chairman Rick Sobrevinas on what advice can he give aspiring and startup entrepreneurs and his secret to breakthroughs, Congressman Romero said: “Don’t be afraid to take risk, If you don’t take that shot, you will not have a chance to win it.”
On his 4 years in Congress, he was able to file around 700 bills from which 60 of them are now RA’s.
Congressman Romero earned his bachelor of arts degree from the De La Salle University.
He then completed his master’s in business management from the Asian Institute of Management.
He is married to Sheila Bermudez, and blessed with 5 children.
Other American Association awardees are the following
• Outstanding Academic Scholarship in History: Ambeth Ocampo, Journalist/Scholar Professor, Ateneo De Manila University
• Outstanding Academic Scholarship in Government and Economic Affairs: Ronald U. Mendoza, Dean, Ateneo De Manila University
• Outstanding Real Estate Entrepreneur Posthumous Award: Dr. Danny Vasquez
• Outstanding Luxury Lifestyle Magazine Trailblazer: Tatler Philippines: Irene Martel Francisco, President
• Outstanding Pandemic Public Health Service Award: Frontrow Cares
• Philanthropist of the Year: Mr. Raymond RS Francisco, President, Frontrow
• Philanthropist of the Year: Mr. Sam Verzosa, CEO, Frontrow
• Young CEO Entrepreneur of the Year: Mr. Avin Ong, Chairman and CEO, Fredley Group of Companies
• Tourism Philanthropist of the Year: Mr. Lawrence Li Tan, CEO & President, The Millenial Concept Factory Inc
• Greatest Boxer of All Time: Senator Manny Pacquiao
• Outstanding International Hospitality Entrepreneur: Mr. Randy Salamat, Mayor, Alfonso, Cavite
• Outstanding Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing Services: Asia Prime Philippines Corp.: Ms. Lerma Manzano Bernabe, President
AAP is composed of Americans, Filipino Americans, Filipinos and other nationalities and celebrates the partnership of its members–the American community, the US Embassy, and the American corporations–which in 1949, helped the struggling local Americans displaced by World War II in the Philippines.
AAP is also the owner-in-trust of the American Historical Collection, with approximately 60,000 volumes about the American colonial period and post-war events that were once housed in the U.S. Embassy.
With the support of its different partnerships and members, AAP is able to conduct its social welfare projects.
To know more and to be a member of AAP, please call 09778978877.