The Far Eastern University Theater Guild, being the oldest theater organization in Manila’s University Belt has already established a solid reputation not just in the metropolis but other parts of the Philippines for productions like “Confessions,” “Usapang X,” “Ang Pinakamakisig na Nalunod sa Buong Daigdig,” “Kung Paano Maghiwalay,” “Halu Halo,” and laboratory productions such as Saltik and Tamdula.
Closing the organization’s 89th theater season, the FTG proudly presents Tamdula VI: Love-Oratory, a series of eight monologues on love ranging from romantic and sexual to intimate and familial.
Tamdula VI: Love-Oratory is a laboratory production intended to train the FTG members in further enhancing their acting, stage designing, stage management, marketing, and branding.
The production is directed by the FTG’s Artistic Head, Raffaelle Pascua (BS Psychology, 2024). The FTG’s Company Manager Jonas Cunanan (BA Communication, 2024) is the assistant director. Both directors are student artists who have been members of the FTG and have been gaining artistic experience inside and outside of the organization. They are directly guided by the FTG’s artistic director, Dudz Teraña.
- The first play, “Against Any-Body” written by Drea Achas (BS Psychology, 2024), delves into the imperfections of womanhood and makes a social statement on how their self-acceptance transcends the opinions of everyone else. Starring Julia Ramas (BS Multimedia Arts, 2026) and Gwen Temprosa (BS Psychology, 2026) as each other’s alternates.
- “Ang Pinakawalang Kwentang Kwentong Pag-ibig ni Tanga” written by Dudz Teraña, is about the difficulty of moving on from a non-committed relationship. Featuring Adam Labador (BFA Studio Arts, 2026) and Meldy Malig (BS Psychology, 2024) as each other’s alternates.
- “It’s Always You”, written by Davewyn Macawile (BA Communication, 2025), is a narrative from the point of view of someone who has been abruptly abandoned by their partner (or what is more popularly called as “ghosting”). Starring Maria Mayano (BA Communication, 2026), Jhoan Gemora (BA International Studies, 2026), and Ryana Azurin (BS Medical Technology, 2025) as each other’s alternates.
- “Shake, Rattle, and Fall” written by Aaron Bayani (BS Computer Science, 2024), explores the twisted nature of one’s obsession and desperation towards finding love. Starring Drea Achas (BS Psychology, 2024) and Jharelle Villalobos (BS Medical Technology, 2025) as each other’s alternates.
- “Mama Kong May Tama” written by Brigitta Marilla (BA International Studies, 2025), tells the story behind the unconditional bond a daughter has with her mother. Starring Heleina Li and Bjorn Pestaño both BA Communication students from the Class of 2026 as each other’s alternates.
- “Dear God” by Dudz Teraña is a comedy that explains the thoughts of an 18-year-old wishing for a boyfriend. Starring Dianne Andallo (BS Tourism Management, 2026) and Renz Dotillos (BA Communication, 2026) as each other’s alternates.
- “Colorblind” written by Franz Luis (BS Hotel and Restaurant Management, 2026), is about a character being medically—and romantically—colorblind. Starring the FTG’s surprise guest artist.
- Lastly, “Paghihintay ng Isang Libong Minuto Para sa Pag-Ibig” by Dudz Teraña is a narrative about the definitions of romantic love and what or how much a person can give. Starring Arvin Javier (BA Communication, 2026).
Tickets are priced at 100 pesos for the FEU community including the other branches of FEU, FTG alumni, and FEU alumni (with an alumni ID); and 150 pesos for guests.
The Tamdula VI: Love-Oratory play dates are: August 29, 30, 31, and September 1, 2, 4 to 9, 2023—6:00 PM at the FEU Center for the Arts Studio, Ground Floor, Engineering Building, FEU Manila, Nicanor Reyes Street, Sampaloc, Manila.
For more details, please visit the FTG’s social media pages: Far Eastern University Theater Guild on Facebook, @FTG1934 on Twitter, and FEU Theater Guild Official on Instagram and Tiktok.
#HappeningPH #TamduLove6 #FTGRoadTo90 #Philippinecampustheater #Philippinetheater #Filipinotheater #Filipinoplays #campustheater #campusplays #Philippinetheaternews #philippinetheaterupdate #FEUTheaterGuild #FTG #FarEasternUniversity #FEU #playfest #newplays #UniversityBelt #DudzTerana #Kumu #IKEA #love #romanticlove #familallove #sexuallove #intimatelove #loveanditspermutations #permutationsoflove #monologues #dramaticmonologues #theatermonologues