Last August, Asia Leaders Forum: Travelooza 3 with a focus on Food, Hospitality, Tourism and Green Infrastructure was held at Makati Shangrila Hotel with the CEO of VI Group of Companies as one of the speakers.
Architect Kaydee Marie Velasco, a young entrepreneur, advocate of green and sustainable architecture and awardee last year under Asia Leaders Awards discussed the need for green infrastructure for sustainable tourism.
Robert Laurel Yupangco, one of the speakers and presenters, highlighted the importance of green theme parks in the Philippines and the importance of Tourism.
Zoomanity Group, one of the leading companies in the theme park industry with its CEO, Robert Laurel Yupangco, manages Zoobic Safari, Zoocobia, Paradizoo, Zoocolate Thrills in Bohol, Residence Inn Tagaytay, Samgyupsalamat Unlimited Korean BBQ, UnliCity, Jinsei, Midori and more hotels around the country.
The deputy ambassador from Malaysia, Rizany Irwan, also discussed the best practices in his home country to compare and improve the tourism in the Philippines.
Some discussions include:
- Philippine tourism policy and direction with the goal of contributing to the ongoing, sustainable growth of PH economy
- Managing programs and activities to sustain a healthy visitor industry
- Developing and implementing the PH Tourism Strategic Plan and tourism strategy
- Coordinating tourism-related research, planning, promotional and outreach activities with the public and private sectors
- Green infrastructure and its importance for growing our tourism sector and helping the environment
Speakers who joined the event included;
- Deputy Ambassador Rizany Irwan of Malaysia
- Ambassador Dongman Han of Republic of Korea
- Secretary Raul Lambino of Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA)
- RJ Ledesma of Mercato Centrale
- Lance Tan of The Happy Beach Cebu, The Inflatable Island Subic and The Dessert Museum
- Robert Yupangco of Philippine Korea Council (Vice Chairman) and CEO of Zoomanity Group
- Dr. Elton See Tan of Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industries (PCCI) (Past Chairman and Senior Adviser)
- Tan Yu III of Makati Tourism Inc (Secretary General)
- Arch. Kaydee Velasco of KMV Asia (CEO)
The objective of the event is for the guests to learn more from these industry leaders and to continuously promote the Philippines as the premier hub and destination in Asia.
You can contact Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas, COO of Tag Media Group through calling 09778978877/ 02 72193503 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.